Thursday, December 8, 2011

Top 10 Movies to See in 2012!

Every year is filled with movie releases and we all have films that we want to see. Here is a list of the Top 10 movies I want to see in 2012. I don't want to put them in order of how much I want to see them, because that would be hard to chose, so they will be in order of release dates.


1. Beauty and the Beast 3D


Release Date: January 13, 2012

Why I Want to See This: Alright, "Beauty and the Beast" is not a new movie but it's one of my favorite Disney movies and it's coming out in 3D! I'm not a huge fan of 3D, I know I'm a freak. I think it is most likely because there are SO many movies in 3D these days that I miss the good old fashioned ways of movies. PLUS most 3D movies I have seen in the past year aren't really 3D, they just add a few tricks in to make a couple extra bucks. However, I am excited to see one of my favorites back in the theaters and I am hoping they do some great 3D work with this one that doesn't make me feel it is completely done for money.


Release Date: February 17, 2012

Why I Want to See This: Romantic comedy meets spy movie. This sounds fun! Romantic comedies often have two men fighting over one woman. This movie promises that the men are actually fighting in a hard core spy way as Chris Pine and Tom Hardy's character's vie for Reese Witherspoon's heart. This won't be an Academy Award Winner but it looks fun! If all else fails, it has Chelsea Handler and she is hilarious!


Release Date: March 2, 2012

Why I Want to See This: Um, it's Dr. Seuss...need I say more? If so, it's from the creator's of "Despicable Me," which was an awesome movie, and it's animated! Some of the live action Seuss movies had parts that disappointed me. I think Dr. Seuss books should be animated. "The Grinch" was great but "Horton Hears a Who" was better. Also, Danny DeVito and Betty White are part of the cast of voices, what could be better?

Release Date: March 16, 2012

Why I Want to See This: I don't usually look forward to remakes. In fact, I usually view them warily until they prove that they at least have some of the merit of the original. This one looks promising! Channing Tatum and a newly slim Jonah Hill star in this remake that once starred Johnny Depp. I can't wait to see if this is as funny as the trailer makes it look! 


Release Date: March 16, 2012

Why I Want to See This: Yes, it's yet another re-imagining of a classic fairy tale but it looks like it will have a special charm and humor to it that will set it apart from a long list of remakes. The main reason I want to see it though? Julia Roberts as the Evil Queen! I haven't seen Julia Roberts in many movies in the past few years and I always enjoy seeing her and she will be evil, something she usually doesn't play. This excites me for reasons I can't explain. If that isn't enough to convince you, Nathan Lane plays the Queen's servant and he is pure awesomeness!

Release Date: April 6, 2012

Why I Want to See This: Those kids who made us laugh with their hilarious quests to lose their virginity are back and they are all grown up...kind of. The gang is back to reminisce at their high school reunion and lots of quirky, humorous antics are bound to follow. The best part is that they got the entire original cast back to make us laugh! Yes, that includes Jim's dad and Stifler's mom and it looks like something is going to happen there. I can't wait!

Release Date: May 4, 2012

Why I Want to See This: 2012 will be a year full of comic book hero movies. This one combines everyone's Marvel favorites, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and more! The movie has an all-star lineup! The only recast from the previous films is Mark Ruffalo will replace Edward Norton as the Hulk. I think he will do an excellent job. It will be exciting to see how they meld together all the heroes to make one giant franchise film that mirrors the comics!

Release Date: July 3, 2012

Why I Want to See This: Let's face it, Tobey Maguire was getting a little old to be Spider-Man and, after the horrendous third movie, they needed to start over. This film will bring Spider-Man back to his younger days and his origins. Andrew Garfield looks like a promising new super hero and he has a great cast to back him up with Emma Stone, Sally Field, Martin Sheen and more. Admit it, Spider-Man looks pretty bad-ass! Let's hope he is!

Release Date: July 20, 2012

Why I Want to See This: Anyone who knows me knows that Batman is my all-time favorite superhero! I have all the movies (yes, even the "bad" ones) and I have loved Batman since I was young. If I had to choose the movie I was most excited to see next year, it'd be this one. Christian Bale is back for the last movie in the trilogy and he will be battling Anne Hathway as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as Bane. The movie looks like it will be as amazing as the others and I am anxious to see how they end the series.

Release Date: December 14, 2012

Why I Want to See This: Most "Lord of the Rings" fans will be flocking to see this prequel to the films. I have never seen any of the "Lord of the Rings" movies (I know, I am weird) but I have started reading "The Hobbit" and the entire series has been on my list of books to read since before my accident. I will be excited to see how the book is portrayed on screen after I have finished reading it. I have heard that the entire series has been true to the books, something very important to me, so I look forward to seeing this film.

So ends my list. There are many more movies that I want to see next year but these are definitely the Top 10. What movies are you most eager to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment