Saturday, November 19, 2011

NaNoWriMo Days 17, 18 and 19

I haven't done a blog in a couple days for a few reasons. The first is that on Day 17 of NaNoWriMo, I closed at work and was so exhausted when I got home that I finished my words and crawled into my bed and slept like a baby. The second is that technology hates me and my internet decided not to work at all yesterday and didn't start working today until around 4 in the afternoon. I truly realized my dependency on the internet during these hours as I nearly twitched at not being able to update my word count. Also, the NaNoWriMo word counter was having some issues for a few days there so my word count is messed up for Days 17 and 18. Because of this, I am going to give a three day total from where I left off on Day 16. That said, I'm excited with my progress. I completed a battle scene I was dreading because I wasn't quite sure how I wanted it to end. I also completed a scene that had been bothering me as it served as a segway into the future. I'm pleased with how these came out, though there will be a bit of tweaking when I edit. I'm now 170 typed pages into my novel and I actually like the story, something I worried about early on. I have to complete a chapter in the middle that I skipped over due to lack of interest (that interest is now renewed) and then finish it up. It doesn't seem possible that I should be this close to finishing my first draft but I am. It feels great!

I had to include this picture because the
Mortal Kombat song kept playing in my
head as I wrote my battle scene. Yes, I even said
the words aloud MANY times while writing the scene.
Whatever works, right?

Alright, here are the numbers for Days 17,18 and 19 combined.

Words Written: 5,850
Total Words Written: 43,978

That's almost 2,000 words a day so I'm steadily chipping away at my remaining words. I have just over 6,000 words left until NaNoWriMo considers me "a winner." My novel will surpass 50,000 words, especially after I edit. I'm very excited. I remember when I hit 6,000 words and thought, "Look at that progress!" I also remember wishing the little blue line on the word count meter would expand faster. Now the line is almost near the end and I am starting to feel a great sense of accomplishment. However, I still have at least 6,000 words to go so I won't focus on this happiness too much. It's time to get back to work and finish this bad boy!

Thanks again for all of the support I have received. I can't say how much I appreciate it. Have a great night everyone! I can't wait until my blog says, "I'm done!" Until then, happy writing!

He may be drawing but we will say Elmo
is illustrating his book. :)

Elmo's computer seems more useful than mine yesterday...
and it's not real.
(Where else could you find Mortal Kombat
and Elmo in one blog?)

No comments:

Post a Comment