Thursday, November 10, 2011

Another Day Down! (Day 10)

Another day ends in my quest to conquer NaNoWriMo! If you had asked me how I was doing a few hours ago, I probably would have grunted at you, glared and then spat something about writing this day off as a failure. However, a sudden spurt of inspiration hit me and I am proud to say I had good numbers today! Before I report these numbers, I'd like to note that there is now a word counter at the top right hand side of my blog page. If anyone is ever curious to how my writing is going for the day, take a look. It updates as I update on the site. In short, see my fun new toy?! I worked today (I think I feel another retail rant coming soon) and felt drained by the end of the day but I wrote and this is an accomplishment for me. Having a word count goal has kept me going. Also keeping me going is my constant stream of support. Bill keeps me going with his encouraging high fives and coffee refills. Kortnee has kept me going simply by watching her progress! Check out her page, she is doing great and I can't wait to read her work! Aside from this however, she always has something upbeat to share with me and I'd be lost without her. I'm glad she took me on this journey with her. And of course my mother has kept me going by reading every blog post and continuously asking when she gets to read it...soon mom, soon :)

Alright, time for the numbers!

Words Written Today: 3,061
Total Words Written: 26,101

I am almost to the word count goal for Day 16 and I am officially past what NaNoWriMo considers the halfway point, although the novel will go past 50,000 words in all reality. This feel awesome! Whenever I see a good word count I feel like writing more. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am going to keep doing word count goals after this month!

I've also been having fun tweeting my playlists as I write. I've been told by my sister a million times that my music taste is schizophrenic so its fun to see what pops up when I put the list on random. Tonight I had a nice mix from B.o.B, Goo Goo Dolls, Paramore, Slipknot, Rascal Flatts, Atreyu, Jack Johnson, Lifehouse and more!  Tomorrow will bring more writing and more music! Feel free to follow me on twitter for more continuous updates.

I have finished the cover art for my ebook, thanks to help from Neil and I hope to release it very soon! Well, I think that sums up my day. I hope you are all having a great week! To my fellow NaNoWriMo participants, happy writing! To everyone else, have a great night!

Anybody remember As Told By Ginger?

3 comments:

  1. I always love looking for the little cartoons you put on your blog. And I'm glad you're enjoying this journey and aren't ready to yell at me for getting you into the crazy thing we call NaNoWriMo.

    I'm so proud that you're writing again and enjoying it. It broke my heart when you thought you couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Ginger picture i miss that show! I hope your doing well and as always can't wait to see what you write next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the heck! I posted and my name got changed to a bunch of letters... Its michelle by the way Jill lol i am way too new at this technology stuff!

    ReplyDelete