Wednesday, November 9, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 9

I am happy to report that I slept much better last night...I even slept until 11am, much to my surprise. I got up with a much clearer head. The only problem is that I was having a bit of a problem coming up with what should come next. Not really a Writer's Block but a Writer's What Next? I decided to write another scene and this helped me decide what should come next to get me to that scene. I also had fun looking at the Dare Machine at the NaNoWriMo page for Young Adults. This generates wacky things to add to a novel. I went through a few and used one that made me laugh...Have something written on the inside of a bathroom stall change your character's life. Yeah, I used it and it oddly worked. We'll see if it makes it through the first edit but, strangely, I think it will.

After all of this, a little research, quote searching and class, I still managed to beat the word count for the day. It's not as much as I wanted but there is always tomorrow now that I am back on track.

According to the NaNoWriMo I should be at 15,000 for Day 9. Here are my word counts:

Word Completed Today: 2,020
Total Words Written: 23,040

After today, I am almost past the word count for Day 14. This will be really helpful for the days when I have to finish term papers. I plan on writing more before bed since I work tomorrow. Tomorrow the goal is to pass 25,000 (my goal, not the website's goal). Wish me luck! I also have been working on the cover for my ebook and going through my Children's stories to find one that I want a friend to begin illustrations for. I'm keeping busy, to say the least. I hope everyone else is having a great week and a special shout-out goes to my friend Kortnee. She is doing awesome! Have a great night everyone!

(I think this is what I look like when
people talk to me while I am
trying to write.)

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine the look on your face,and yep that's pretty close,love you!

    ReplyDelete