Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 16 (a day of triumph!)

Day 16 has come to a close and I feel much better about it than I have felt about the last couple of days. My head is finally clearing from the cold and I have renewed determination. Today has been an exciting day. I am now 145 typed pages into my novel and I am excited to see how it all comes together in the next week or two. Here are the numbers for today:


Words Written Today: 2,127
Total Words Written: 38,128


The NaNoWriMo web page now lists me as close to the word count goal of Day 23. Even though my numbers have been down the past couple of days, I am still ahead of schedule. I can't wait to finish and edit this baby!


Now, my post also says "a day of triumph" in the title. I suppose 2,127 words is a triumph in itself but my day goes farther than that. First, as I said in a previous post, my ebook is now up and available for purchase on Amazon. Also, I passed the 8,000th page view count today for my blog! This is partially because I had a record setting 261 page views today. I don't know what happened but I am loving it! This puts the month of November at 1,556 views so far and we are only halfway through the month! Another great thing is that I  have now surpassed 50 followers on Twitter (52, last time I checked) and I was only at 9 around the beginning of the month, or end of last month, when Kortnee told me I had to tweet in order to have followers (duh, Jill!) (Her ebook is also up, by the way). I feel like I have accomplished something! Bill bought me flowers to celebrate and I can't stop smiling. I am planning on riding this feeling through the next chapters of my novel!


I guess that is all. Check back in tomorrow for more updates! Have a great night! To my fellow writers, happy writing!


Thank you Bill for finding this picture!
And yes, I did feel like a gun was held
to me while writing today because
of my lack of words the past few days.

1 comment:

  1. It has been almost two years since your world came crashing down around you.For months you couldn't even think of ever writing again,and now look at you,you have published an Ebook and writing well over 2000 words a day on a novel.I am so proud of your determination,YOU amaze me!

    ReplyDelete